Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Who's Behind Bootstrap's Journey

My recently-published novella Bootstrap's Journey is a fun romp through time, travelling from the 2040's to 2017. I'm happy to say it's receiving a great response from readers.

One of them asked where I come up with the names. It's not a new question either as a friend asked me the same question, along with "Where do you get your ideas?" - but that's a tale for another time.

Knowing the story's main theme was around a fish-out-of-water, the fish being a 20-something-year-old's invention of a time machine, I thought of so many other stories with similar themes. But I wanted it to be something different again to stand out. That part I sorted, but the names eluded me.

So I thought of all the names of books on the subject, make it a fun thing for my readers to look at.

I'll give you some clues. One of the characters is named Claire Hilyer. The Christian name comes from Time Traveller's Wife and the surname comes from HG Wells' The Time Machine. Hilyer is the name of the book's narrator, a name often missed and forgotten.

See if you can guess where Tony Nowlan's name comes from. I'll give you a clue. You will have to look towards the 25th Century...

I'll give you the answer next week!

Bootstrap's Journey can be purchased at Amazon, Kobo, iBooks, Google Play and other great digital bookstores online.

www.books2read.com/BootstrapsJourney



No comments:

Post a Comment