Thursday 19 December 2019

MG Ryan - Australian Author of the Vampire Hunter Prophecy Series

M. G. Ryan is the author of the Urban Fantasy series – ‘The Vampire Hunter Prophecy’.  ‘From Dusk’, the first book in the series, is now followed by the sequel ‘To Dawn’.

M. G. Ryan has enjoyed writing in different forms, including short stories and poetry.  She enjoys the freedom that writing offers, with all first drafts written in free hand.  It was after an inspirational trip to Scotland, that she came up with the concept for ‘The Vampire Hunter Prophecy’ and started taking her writing more seriously, with ‘From Dusk’ her first major work.

M.G. resides in South East Queensland with her husband and two children.  She has always had a passion for books, especially enjoying Urban Fantasy, Horror and Thriller genres, with favourite authors including John Connolly, Dean Koontz, Cassandra Clare and Aileen Erin.  She is also enjoying the ‘Heat’ series novels, which have been adapted from the TV show Castle. Other favourite TV shows include Supernatural and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer.




'From Dusk' & 'To Dawn' - 'The Vampire Hunter Prohecy' series
Genre: Urban Fantasy
From Dusk: While holidaying in Edinburgh, Lexi is attacked. Shaken by the experience, she flees the city and finds sanctuary in the samll courntry town of Dunkeld.
There she meets the endearing Jack, who introduces her to the local priest, Father Michael, who belives that Lexi is part of an ancient prophecy.
Does she stay and fulfil her part in the prophecy or run away from her destiny.

Publish date: 2015 & 2017
Publisher: InHouse Publishing


What made you choose this genre? 
I didn't really set out specifically to write in this genre, I think it is just what comes naturally to me. This is the type of books that I love to read, so it only seems natural that it is also what I would write.

What’s the story behind your book title? 
The title just came to me actually. There is the two books within the 'Vampire Hunter Prophecy' series - From Dusk & To Dawn.
I guess that the main idea behind the titles is the life of a Vampire Hunter occurs between Dusk and Dawn.

Which scene from your book do you like best and why? 
This is hard to pick, as there are so many scenes I like for different reasons, but to pick one, it would have to be the scene where my two main characters in the series meet for the first time. I think it is a lovely scene and it is from this point on that their lives are about to take on a very diffent direction.

Which is your favourite character and why?
That is like asking me who is my favourite child, (my eldest by the way, in case you were wondering - no seriously, I'm just joking).
Like your children, you love them all equally, but differently because they all have different personalities.
One of my main characters from the 'Vampire Hunter Prophecy' series, Jack, would be my favourite if I had to pick one, because the character is based on a personal connection and was really the whole reason for the story.

Does writing energize or exhaust you?
Neither. Reading and writing are actually two things that help me unwind and destress.
Writing is my time out from everything else.

What is your writing Kryptonite?
Fatigue. Writing is only a side hobby, so I work and have two kids, which makes life busy.
When I do find time to write, somethimes I just don't have the mental engergy to do it.

Did you ever consider writing under a pseudonym?
Yes I have. One of the books that I am currently writing is a romance, which is different to my normal Urban Fantasy genre. So I thought if I ever publish it, I would do so under a pseudonym, to separate it from my other books.

Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?
I don't really think about it. I just come up with an idea and go from there.
I'm lucky in the sense that I don't have to put much thought into book ideas, they just tend to come to me. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?
The wolf. I think that they are an amazing animal and I love their pack mantality and bond.
They are an integral part of my Urban Fantasy series - 'The Vampire Hunter Prophecy'.

How do you select the names of your characters?
With most of my characters, especially the main characters, the names are just part of who they are and just come to me. With some of the other characters, I have an old baby naming book that I use. I like to try and pick a name that represents the character.

What is your favorite childhood book?
I loved reading as a child and read lots of different books. I loved the choose your own adventure and the Famous Five, but the stand out book that I loved and as a child and still do, is 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe'.

Do you believe in writer’s block? 
I have never suffered from writer's block, but I'm sure that other authors have. I do suffer from a lack of mojo though. I have plenty of ideas and want to write, but just find that sometimes I get tired and don't have the energy to do it.



Quick quiz:
Favourite food: Italian
Favourite drink: A cup of tea (or a glass of chardonnay depending on my mood)
Best holiday spot: Don't have a particular holiday destination we go to every year, but if there is one place I had the chance to go back to,  it would be Scotland.
Favourite song at the moment: Higher Love by Kygo ft Whitney Houston
With writing, are you a plotter or (seat-of-your) pantser? It is all plotted out in my head, so a bit of both.
Star Wars or Lord of the Rings: Star Wars
Best superpower: Immortality
Number one thing to do on your bucket list: Eat and drink my way around France with my husband


Website: wwww.authormgryan.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authormgryan
Instagram: www.instagram.com/authormgryan
Book trailers: ;

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com.au/Dusk-Vampire-Hunter-Prophecy-Book-ebook/dp/B01910ZV26/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=m+g+ryan&qid=1573124665&s=digital-text&sr=1-10






No comments:

Post a Comment