Wednesday 8 January 2020

While He Was Sleeping - Coming Soon

Fresh from its nest, a juvenile magpie danced on my front footpath under its mother's watchful eye as she sat on my fence. A cup of green tea beside me, my pen danced across my notebook in which I have kept my ideas since brainstorming Demon Blade.

I remembered other books I had written or had planned to write. There were about seven in total I had written in high school. One is a series of five I actually finished. I'm toying with the idea of rewriting it and refreshing it for modern times. Another standalone novel could conceivably publish now, starring a couple of characters you may recognise from my Craig Ramsey series.

I hunted through the boxes in my garage until I found that old folder: a red two-ringed binder on which I had drawn The Phantom and James Bond because they were my childhood heroes... apart from Spiderman and Batman.

Have you ever smelled thirty-year-old foolscap paper? It evoked old memories. Some good, some terrible. But damn those years were fun.

From out of the memories jumped a horror novel I outlined in senior high school. The outline, handwritten on foolscap, looked good still. I updated it... and here it is.



CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW TO OWN IT BEFORE ITS RELEASE





While He Was Sleeping



WHAT IF…


You were bullied constantly at school?

Now you’re in hospital.

Comatose.


WHAT IF…

Your best friend and family discover your secret?

A girlfriend you never mentioned.

WHAT IF…

She is so loyal to you.

She hunts each bully.

Terrorises them.

Mutilates them.

Kills them.

One. By. One.

Until...

No comments:

Post a Comment